Featured Download of the Week
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Tnlgg, sniper_m4, VET, eviltimes, Basss, 39Modder, Kiper
Author Post
pvcf
Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:07PM
gone

Registered Member #549
by deleting the bin32 folder the lua scripts will run in your installed patchlevel, in that case 1.3, it *should* give random scripts crashes and showstoppers and broken hud and not working save games and maybe incorrect working weapons, damages from bullets and AI sightranges.
VET
Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:10PM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

Author:       SkrIpT
Date:         MARCH2014
Filesize:     510 MB

Description:
Quote SkrIpT, "In the near future, the world is under heavy oppression from the Nexus, a military and political totalitarian regime,that controls over 80% of the world's territory and resources.
But amid the genocide and desolation, a revolution is coming, would you be part of it?
Or you have no choice?
What is really the Nexus, and what is their agenda?
Maybe the truth lies hidden deep beneath Nexus territory or deep beyond the sky..."

This is a major contribution to our library of MODS, with hours of quality gameplay and great replayability.
There are seven maps.  This review covers the first five only.
Singularity has its roots in traditional FarCry, with many of the original mercs, merc talk, and objects/terrain textures/vegetation.
 But it is heavily modded as well. Scopes, brick wall textures, sometimes you are without any weapons or HUD, only two weapon slots, the red shirt is replaced with battle dress, it all feels very different.
The demo loop running behind the Main Menu is worth a good long look.

I had a few problems with this MOD, a possible cause is that I am playing the "Test" version, and I am not using patch v1.4 as directed. Problems are minor though:  one door would not open;  one elevator was stuck at the bottom; the mission in Map 5: Area 202 which says,"Find a good sniping spot and kill Doyle." does not trigger the start of Map6:Reaction.  I will download the final version, and use patch v1.4, and see if I still get these problems.  Next week.
But first, my experience on playing with patch v1.33, and with Win7 64bit.  In pictures.

Singularity won't run if your FarCry is patched to v1.33, unless you disable an extra Bin32 folder in the mod directory.  Purifier has discovered that Mods in general requiring patch v1.4 will run corectly in v1.33 if this extra Bin32 folder is disabled.
Of course if you have the v1.4 patch, Singularity will run straight out of the box.
That is a very useful find, thanks Purifier!

Another problem I had was running it in Win7 x64.  I like to run FarCry with eviltimes's custom devmode.lua enabled. It's been my experience that my .bat and .cmd loaders will not work in Win7.
Thanks to eviltimes for the fix.  ie. alter the command line in your desktop FarCry shortcut. When you're done playing your current mod, is easy to change back.

First map: Area 27 (DESERT).

Description: Nexus Organisation has slave labour at Camp 27 in the African desert.
Jack's objective is to free the slaves and escape to the airfield.
The first rescue point is under attack, so they must go to a second airfield.
The first objective is to find the mine exit, which is padlocked.
*SPOILER* A machete is on a crate close to the locked gate, it's a little hard to spot.
Jack only has two weapon slots, so choose your pickups and discards carefully.

If the next level does not trigger, here's the answer.
*SPOILER*  Jack is meant to exit Camp 27 via the main gate, which requires a keycard found in the control tower at the first airfield.
If you go across the desert hills to the second landing area in a direct line, the next level will not trigger.  Jack must return to Camp 27 with the keycard and open the main gate.

The desert setting is nicely done.  (I recall Szczekus started a desert mod a while back.)  Deserts look great in FarCry.  Skript has lots of heat shimmer particle effects for extra realism, you can almost feel the heat and the sand.

Second map: Office

I played through twice with cheats to get the layout of the offices and underground car park, and to learn who are good guys and who are bad.  Then third time through I made a serious effort without cheating.  You need to be quick, and also prepared to double back to areas previously inaccessible.  I ended up at one stage locked in a two-room area and unable to get out without using no-clip.  So if you get at all out of order, you might have problems.
Lots of cutscenes to support the storyline.

Third map: Rebirth.

Yes, I thought that leap out the window should have been fatal, not forgetting two AIM missiles and me in a very small space.  OK, Rebirth.  Lots of other guys leapt down here, but they didn't make it!
And, I'm used to having nice roads and tracks painted on the terrain, but here you have to pick your way through the jungle. Keep wandering around, you'll find the way eventually.

Fourth map: Nexus (Tower)

This is set on one bigass tower.  RLL himself would be excited by the scale and intricacies of this structure.  It's so big, there is a new type of elevator, a plasma beam.
No spoilers. You'll work it out!
Again,  I needed no-clip.  I got stuck in corners a few times.  And when the elevator arrived at the floor with the canteen, the door would not open, so no-clip to the rescue.
OK, one *SPOILER* for the exposed elevator ride:
When the rocket hits, leap for a ledge.
Once again, areas behind you become more accessible, and are freshly populated with enemies.  Many are cloaked, but you do have cryvision goggles.
I had severe graphical breakdown, such as I have only seen once before in the Power Plant when playing Spider's Half Robots Demo map. Even though frame rates were still high. And this is on a fairly decent modern computer.
On the Plasma beam ride to the top, you notice Crowe and ...  is it Angie? in a room to the side.  I hope she survives, as you escape by paraglider and the Nexus Tower explodes.

Fifth map: Area 202.

You don't handle the glider landing too well yourself.  But Jack is tough!
But the loadscreen says, "One survivor."  Crowe?  Doyle? Angie? Or you - Jack?

The Arctic Ocean, and snowy icy landscape, are as spectacular as the desert setting in the first map.
I am playing on "Easy", and sure enough, the balance is off because the weapons are way too powerful.  Even so, between the cloaked snow guys, and the damaging cold, a racked up 56 in Godmode!

Looks like I have to try patch v1.4 and download the final version of Singularity before I go any further into Map 6: Reaction and Map 7: Revelation.
Let's hope Angie survives, and Jack saves the world.  Again.

Thanks and respect to SkrIpt for an awesome MOD.

----oooOooo----

VET
Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:32PM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

" broken hud and not working save games and maybe incorrect working weapons, damages from bullets and AI sightranges."

None of the above.  As I said, I'll try it with v1.4 and latest release of Singularity, see if the three small glitches I had reoccur.
pvcf
Sun Nov 09 2014, 07:28AM
gone

Registered Member #549
> None of the above.

good thank you for checking it out!
btw, you can easy do a copy of your farcry folder, name this to farcry1.4 and patch this folder (or if patcher dont wanna work with a renamed farcry folder do it with 1.3). every mod and farcry itself will work from the copied folder too. i personally have three farcry copies with different configurations or as simple backup.
VET
Mon Nov 17 2014, 12:23AM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

I've played through four or five times, so we're like old friends now.
If you are a die-hard V1.33 patch user (like me), Purifier's fix works perfectly.
The few minor problems I had before were due to using a beta version instead of the Singularity_Final version. Doh!

Clivey's Loader makes it a simple thing to play with patch v1.4 as SkrIpt intended.

See here for the download:
http://crymods.net/download.php?view.311

See here for the Featured Review discussion:
http://crymods.net/s1t3plug1ns/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?135.20#post_707

*SPOILER ALERT*  Spoilers for next 10 kilometers!

Map5 Continued: Area 202

Once you get the cutscene showing the sniper in the window (you), your objective is to kill Doyle.  Shoot the wrong guy, and Doyle escapes.  So you have a one-in-three chance.  Once you kill Doyle, go outside to the exit gate, which will now open with a press of the Use Key "F". The game saves, because there is a lot of combat ahead.  The road leads down to an Osprey at your extraction point.  Jack is shot and badly injured by Crowe (or one of Crowe's clones).  His injured body is placed in cryogenic storage and the level ends.

Map 6: Reaction

A great level! It severely stressed my video card again.  Frame rates were OK but it couldn't cope with the lighting.  Lots of action in pitch black, hence no screen shots. Turning on power, finding a torch, finding batteries, stumbling over skeletons and furniture, etc.
The action returns to the original Office setting, though some time later after it has been destroyed.

Map7: Consequences

Another amazing level, like a maze with all the portals between vast interior spaces, enemies to fight, bombs to be found and placed. 
Whatever "She" was, she returned to the stars, after restoring Valerie to Jack, and the devastated earth was allowed to regenerate from desert back to green growth. 
Life is good!

Vastly creative and innovative level design, cutscenes, a solid story. A similar artistic achievement to id0's Massive Attack MOD.  Everything is new, and the .cry files are there to see how it was done.
Thankyou SkrIpt!

----ooo oooo----

VET
Thu Nov 20 2014, 09:30PM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

MOD:            Farmer Jack 2 Beta Demo
Author:        Sniper_m4
Description:  All the autumn tonings of the Farmer Jack sp_map, plus Harrier jets!
Filesize        294.33 MB    
Date        Monday 27 July 2009    

This is a review of the Beta Demo currently hosted in crymods.net Download Section here:
http://crymods.net/download.php?view.319

It is a totally playable demo version of the first level, ie "Corruption", fj_2.1.
The intro cut scene plays, there are no grey spheres for missing objects,  and it  is notable for modded weapons, modded mercenaries, Harrier jets, new vegetation, and more ...

NOTE:  You may need to adjust your Gamma or Brightness levels.  Sorry my screenshots are so dark.

Following the Review, is a preview of two rare unfinished levels, which I thought were lost.  Tnlgg and sniper can hopefully complete them from the .cry files one day.

Level two is titled "Waterway", ie fj_2.2. It is playable in its present state.  Not just 'playable', but of equal standard to the first level.
Level three, ie fj_2.3, is untitled, vegetation and buildings are done, but there is no Mission or AI.

Map 1: Corruption

The background to the Main Menu is a slide show of the unique weapons available. Special note of the attention that has gone into the knife. Somewhere in my backups I have screens of where the knife was being made in 3Dmax.Good luck finding them, some of those old DVD backups are no longer readable.  =(
To my mind, the weapon balance is just right. One headshot is a kill, as it should be.
Sound and music are typically sniper, to a high standard and contribute greatly to immersion.
I don't know enough about light maps to comment, suffice to say the dappled water reflections on the first wooden bridge are really impressive.
I thought the jet flyovers in Farmer Jack sp_map were special, but the Harrier Jets here are awesome.
As this is a beta, (I don't know, maybe it was even an alpha at the time), the next map does not load automatically, but only with the console: \map fj_f.2.

----oooOooo----

Preview of unfinished maps:

Map 2: Waterway
Sewer maze, keys, bombs, mercs, jetski ... cool!

Map 3: Untitled
No  name, Load Screen, mission or AI as yet.

This MOD was in development prior to July 2009, so is highly original and not derivative of any MODS that came later.  The buildings, pavement and wall textures remind me strongly of STALKER: Call of Pripyat.

I am making these two levels available to Tnlgg and sniper_m4, to see if they want them released in their present form, if we need to wait until they can by finished, or whatever.
Stay tuned.

pvcf
Thu Nov 20 2014, 10:59PM
gone

Registered Member #549
very nice reviews, VET! have now really play it again i missed the third level and probably also the second, looking in my farmerjack levels folder show me why: i have only the first level
seems i have a different version
modsuki
Fri Nov 21 2014, 01:39AM

Registered Member #259
Wow, will finish 2 unfinished levels? Great! I was disappointed that it was only 1 level.
pvcf
Fri Nov 21 2014, 02:35AM
gone

Registered Member #549
have it downloaded again, there is only one level in ^^
Tnlgg
Fri Nov 21 2014, 08:07AM

Registered Member #1
Yes pvcf,the FJ2 beta hosted here has only 1 level.

Read what Vet wrote above.
Tnlgg
Fri Nov 21 2014, 02:40PM

Registered Member #1
I got the 2 levels & will be working on the 3rd level this weekend.

Stay tuned.
pvcf
Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:20AM
gone

Registered Member #549
yeahaa
VET
Sun Nov 23 2014, 05:00AM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

MOD:          Area 13
Author:       Sniper_m4
Filesize:     147.22 MB    
Date:         08JUN2009
Downloads:1598 as at 22NOV2014
Description:    Venezuelan insurgents have captured a B-2 bomber with a nuclear payload.
Jack must infiltrate their base and destroy the B-2 and its payload.
Two levels are complete. Two more were planned but not made. As noted by doomgeneration in the comments, this incomplete mod has a remarkable number of downloads, a tribute to sniper_m4's standing in the modding community.
Features: New Vehicles, New Mounted Weapons, New Small Arms, New object animations.

Works with WinXP x86 and also Win7 X64, patch v1.33, with no problems.
Quick save from the console ( \save_game ) may or may not save your most recent game. Adequate hardsave points are provided though.
I could not get Quick Save to work either by Hot Key or console command.
I had exceptional framerates.  ie as low as 2 fps.
The twilight setting and autumn tones mean some will have to alter Gamma/Brightness options.

From the mod's main menu screen, clicking on Campaign will initiate the original Campaign, with modded objects, animated models, HUD, weapons and vehicles. You don't have binoculars, only the default grey sphere. Some new vehicles are missing workable mounted weapons.

To get to the two Area 13 levels, enter the console from the main menu screen and type:
\map insertion

or
\map surface   for the two levels available.

and
\map demo  

Typing \map demo takes you to the original Campaign demo level, which has been heavily modded. eg The pig has been reskinned as a rat, and all the new weapons are available.
You can see where sniper was experimenting with the ceiling mounted turret gun.

Map 1: Insertion.
Jack's Osprey is shot down. He makes his way through sewer pipes and tunnels to the surface. This map is complete.

Map 2: Surface.
This map is complete only as far as the first objective, ie collect the cryvision goggles. It is crying out to be completed.  And followed by another two more maps.

Map 3: Demo.
The test/experimental map is notable for the ceiling mounted turret gun, real live sewer rats and the tank with rotating/firing main gun.

More of sniper's brilliance. Shame it's not complete, but still makes for an exceptional day of gameplay and enjoyment.

----oooOooo----
lionel_101
Sun Nov 23 2014, 08:19AM

Registered Member #719
Well isn't this spooky. I downloaded this Mod again yesterday and was playing it. I forgot about the Area 13 levels and thought it was just a Mod for playing the original FC levels (Campaign). I guess Vet and I have some kind of ESP thing going.

I real like Sniper's weapons and the terrain he uses here and in Farmer Jack.

The Surface level was really to dark, so I just change the .cry file to be day time instead...as I usually do.
pvcf
Sun Nov 23 2014, 12:11PM
gone

Registered Member #549
whaha, imagine VET crying in the corner : RAAAAATS!!!!! and shoting the hell out of her M4

love this picture stribe, and daaaaaamn, i dont knowed this mod, great bring out, thank you! but what about reading again sniper and unfinished in one sentence ?

btw, i always see the water is set to low quality on your screenshots ?

[ Edited Sun Nov 23 2014, 11:00PM ]
Tnlgg
Sun Nov 23 2014, 12:30PM

Registered Member #1
Yes water quality sucks on Vets screenshots.

By the way the work on the 2nd level of FJ2 is near end.
pvcf
Sun Nov 23 2014, 11:02PM
gone

Registered Member #549
that sounds great! you and sniper are a good team
modsuki
Tue Dec 09 2014, 08:16AM

Registered Member #259

I'm playing Sparta3 now. There are 2 big problems.

1. Tank has bug. In editor, I can destory it very easily. The durability is the same as normal fuel tank (I checked values). But no damage in game except truck's explosion.

2. 2 helis don't often come in SpartaOutpost. Player must destroy them to show next objective.

[ Edited Wed Dec 10 2014, 02:41AM ]
Kiper
Tue Dec 16 2014, 01:56PM
The future maybe uncertain, but always strive for a good one.

Registered Member #1641
Hmm, that's odd, I don't have the original level anymore, but I'll get them from the site when possible. I placed the 3 Sparta levels into my mod to recreate them, and everything works there. And I remember the Helis did come for me in game, but I had Patch V1.33 at the time.

Not sure about the tank, I exported it as a group for use later, and I think you can fix the bug by moving the tank a little farther out. Currently in the mod it can be easily destroyed through armor piercing rounds, and High explosives (land mines, C4, stickies, etc).
I'll try to find out what might be causing the problems and find a way to fix them as soon as I can.
modsuki
Wed Dec 17 2014, 05:00AM

Registered Member #259

But it's possible to destory tank with truck's explosion. Hard, though. It was fan. And I found solution of heli problem. Shoot enemy (of Outpost) from the ground before getting on zip line.

[ Edited Wed Dec 17 2014, 05:06AM ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF