Featured Download of the Week
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Tnlgg, sniper_m4, VET, eviltimes, Basss, 39Modder, Kiper
Author Post
Skidmark134
Wed Nov 27 2013, 09:04PM

Registered Member #3295
marekzi wrote ...

Low framerate is the often problem in russian addons (eg Far Cry - Blood range). I saw it many times, even 1 FPS. Was salvation to make a save and load it.

I finally finished this map after maybe 15 tries. Must follow the script exactly, only what is it? I don't know, I speak/read only English!
Torches on posts are savegame locations!
I never did get into Omega legally, had to fly in, only procedure failure i had on the 15th try.
Coming out of the Prison with Valerie FPS was maybe 5 and 4wheeler was off in the woods and severely damaged but we finally flew away in the Heli.
Good idea maybe to kill mercs at the helipad first.
pvcf
Wed Nov 27 2013, 09:25PM
gone

Registered Member #549
i also never understand why someone invest work and time to release something without translating it into english. ok, it seems some of the russian mappers dont know english, but a good mission design should work without the exact text hint. if you should place somewhere a bomb, collecting a bomb and seeing somewhere a blinking place spot is selfexplaining. other missionstructures which dont demand things carried, opened or switched, could be shown with short ingame sequences.

letting those things out and write a textline in your own language which 99% of the world doesnt understand, is a little bit foolish XD
Skidmark134
Fri Nov 29 2013, 06:13PM

Registered Member #3295
Tnlgg wrote ...

Tails SPMP hosted.

I put these stand alone games on a flash drive
The Return To Paradise 2nd level (Carrier) is a user made level from long ago, the name escapes me for the moment.
3rd level (Fort) is the German user level "Sabotage".
4th level (Pier) is "Matto 1".
6th level (Treehouse) is one of the X-isle maps.
Thanks for the "full armor no card pickup" thing, I'm kind of a nut on maintaining full armour
What a weird glitch!
VET
Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:48AM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

Author: Devilpie/Illmatique
Size: 7.8 Mb
Date: 2005
Description: Jack and Tommy escape from an island packed with enemies.
There are multiple pathways to completing objectives. Interesting Physics Engine effects.

Thanks to Lionel_101 for a heads up on this one. Somehow I missed playing it around release time. It is typical of many of the single player maps we enjoyed back in the days of FCCM. Lucky Tnlgg has kept FarCry alive after Slugsworth called it a day. And this is one of Tnlgg's favourite maps, so there's a recommendation, and also rated 8 stars by the community.
I had a bit of a nostalgia rush, as scenes reminded me of other levels from Matto, Campaign Treehouse, Apocalypse Then.
The good points:
Coherent script and story line.
Beautiful landscapes. Pvcf would approve!
Heaps of sounds, music, fish, birds.
Huts filled with objects for good immersion.
A few puzzles here and there. Simple ones, like driving the HEMTT forward so you can squeeze through a gate, to harder ones like getting to the upper levels of a couple of structures.
Great re-use of the Carrier, and the Bucket Excavator.
Many cut scenes. The voice acting sounds "European", but you can listen to the dialogue from within the Sounds Folder.
Lots of ramps and slopes. You need to be carrying the Falcon to get up the steeper ones.
Heaps of amo, armour and health kits.
Occasionally merc AI is very stupid, and hide behind explosive barrels. I call that a 'good' point!
Great bridgework throughout.
Reinforcement mercs arriving by Osprey.
Occasional helicopter attacks.
Many many destructible objects. It was fun dropping a torpedo into a store of explosive barrels.
Booby traps. Watch where you are blundering about!
A variety of mutant enemies, including the cloaked guys.
Good length of game time, several hours!
Bad points:
None really, I missed not getting a sniper rifle until near the end, and I missed the binoculars. Ifound the final battle with the mutants too hard. Tommy was there with a rocket launcher but did nothing to help. Val only made an appearance via her California Driver Licence, better than being left out altogether.

Final word to lionel_101 @ 09 Dec 2013
"I liked it a lot. Everyone should give it a try, if you haven't already."

pvcf
Mon Dec 09 2013, 03:32AM
gone

Registered Member #549
wow, what a nice review, well done, VET! i wonder how many picture you do for such a strip... i bet *alotof*
Skidmark134
Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:17AM

Registered Member #3295
Anybody having trouble getting devmode to work on Iron Winds?
I have loads of mod devmode shortcuts that all work but not for this mod!
VET
Mon Dec 09 2013, 02:32PM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

THNX pvcf. I love my FRAPS

I did discard a lot of screens for this one. There were objects used you don't see all that often, a green spiky plant (Spanish Bayonet irl), that big old anchor half buried in the sand, and other objects increased in scale so far they looked like *new* objects. Parts of the BEX near the front looked completely unfamiliar.
And I left out a lot of pics of the beautiful FC tropical scenery the original Campaign and Matto4 were known for, and still look good nine years later.
Skidmark134
Mon Dec 09 2013, 05:51PM

Registered Member #3295
I was having low FR's (teens, low 20's and stutter) with the "Island" mod by TiR.
I tried an experiment: I put the mod in the stand-alone "Iron Winds" mod folder and ran it from there.
FR's 60's to 150 and no stutter.
So I'm going to try some more mods and levels I have FR issues with the same treatment.
This Iron Winds Russian mod is FC v1.1? Good place to put RLL maps too, I bet!
I keep these stand-alones on a USB flash drive.
pvcf
Mon Dec 09 2013, 09:00PM
gone

Registered Member #549
@skidmark
same happens if i copy my opcl levels in fc level folder: much higher framerates, but atleast none of the additions is working anymore XD
VET
Sat Dec 28 2013, 03:15PM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6
Important patch to Escape Mod here . Thanks to modsuki
Modsuki has indicated he may update this patch with improvements.
pvcf
Wed Feb 05 2014, 03:28AM
gone

Registered Member #549
i just want to say thanks VET for this nice thread, i have this thread always open in my browser, since months and years and often i just read around and enjoy the screenshots

very very great work!
VET
Tue Jul 01 2014, 06:12AM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

Far Cry Legacy mod Episode 5 "The Beach"
Filesize        27.01 MB    
Date        01 May 2014
Author        Jcas2K14

Description:  "Legacy is a Far Cry mod that pays tribute to one of the best games ever.  The same will have 30 new missions with different scenarios, new objects, objectives and music.  The team has provided mod 10 episode 5 called "The Beach" which is an island of about 4 km of coastline full of dangers and challenges to be overcome.  In the coming months will advance other levels that anticipate the 10th anniversary of the franchise."

Wherever Tnlgg found this MOD, it is incomplete and he has added the necessary file.  As there was a lot of discussion about how to get it working, I have included a photo guide below with instructions.
My experience, with patch v1.33 and my weak old computer with WinXP, was all good: a painless install and load; no missing textures; no grey balls.
It would be nice to see the other levels that celebrate 10th Anniversary of FarCry release, but there is no sign of them to date.

Comment by Realia_libre:
"This keycard was hard to find to get through the final door.
I found two bombs. First one created an amazing amount of black smoke.
I finished the game with one bomb unused?
I don't know why this merc in the screenshot has a green marker and is non-aggressive?
The red ground is missing only a detail, from a distance it looks OK. You can put in your own surface type detail with the editor.
I estimate killing 200+mercs, slightly repetitious.
I can warn you if you are considering playing this that after killing all the mercs, there is no rewarding ending, only an empty box canyon.
This map or mod is very incomplete and was last modified in June of 2012 so I'm not hopeful that the missing bits will be fixed by the uploader. All the files for the grey balls are there, but mostly cables, signs, barriers etc and nothing that affects the gameplay.
I kept hitting TAB but there are no objectives, the Mission Script is missing or lost.
Playable but only if you are not bored by killing hundreds of cloned mercs."

06 May : 23:54
Eviltimes replies:
"The keycard didn't always appear the first or even several times I went into that building. Especially if there had been a firefight to gain access, especially with grenades or other explosives. This happens all the time with PX44, but I didn't expect it here.
I have a full list of goals (I use the A key) and no problems with that part of the game. All the big signs make it easy to find the explosives and pick up weapons, ammo, etc. It can be tricky to say, run in and get a sniper rifle you need while you are right at the edge of enemy snipers - but it can be done.
I notice a lot of red Replace Me in your pix, try turning down your settings. For once I have a kick ass machine around here and only get the occasional grey ball. So I get it to play on very high Paradise and 300 sec corpse stay. There are so many Crysis rocks and plentiful wildlife and small, overlapping sound files playing even I have some lag on the swinging shadows and leaf/bush rendering. FC's paintball guns, Yuck."
Pvcf suggests the reason for the paintballs, the modder gave tmercs a too high health/damage number.

My suggestion, the missing textures and grey balls won't be a problem if you follow Tnlgg's instal instructions.  

See pics below.
Playing through on Realistic was just fine, without any Godmode or no-clip required, but maybe a little Quicksave/Load.
The M_4 on single shot was good for sniping mercs and conserving ammo and the sniper rifle was there for long distance sniping.

[/html]
pvcf
Tue Jul 01 2014, 06:45PM
gone

Registered Member #549
nice How To, Vet i never have seen that big sign, it was pure black on my sys -.-
VET
Sun Oct 19 2014, 03:35AM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

Special Ops: Urban Assault.
Author:       Sniper_m4
Date:          11OCT2014
Filesize:       630.78 mb

Description: "An unfinished mod by sniper_m4 with new weapons and models.  Two (2) levels included."
Intense building-by-building urban warfare, citizens vs the government.  "New weapons and models" is a serious understatement.

News of this mod first appeared on the forum in June of 2009.
Quote sniper_m4,  "Here is a video of my new mod. I have many new weapons and models I will post here. Enjoy the video."

Then an update in August 2009, some tantalizing screenshots and another video.
Quote, "Here are some new pics and a link to a video of some test weapon systems

Now fast-forward to 10th September, 2014.
Quote pvcf, "OK, we got our hands on Urban Assault ... / renamed to HAARP / ...    / this MOD is not dead, and an absolute must have for the community. / "
Sniper_m4 did an immense amount of work on SOAU.  If you look at his levels in the editor, they are almost entirely grey spheres and red replacemes without the files loaded,  because it is ALL modded objects and textures.  

Props to Tnlgg and pvcf for getting it to the community.  You can read more of their contributions here:

http://crymods.net/s1t3plug1ns/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?91

However, the mod remained unplayable to players using patch v1.33.  Also there were problems with the AK47U and the Uzis, with missing animations and pickup models. 
Purifier made the missing animations and pickup models, and then made the discovery that removing a superfluous Bin32 folder from the mod directory solved the "Critical Exception" problem for patch v1.33 users.  Those players patched to v1.4 of course, had no problem.  I'm still scratching my head about that one, and why some modders use the v1.4 multiplayer patch?  
His fix is available here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/hr7vqa
Quote Purifier, "I've included the necessary files along with detailed instructions on how to insert them into the mod."  And clear instructions they are.

Thanks to sniper_m4 for this landmark mod.  Thanks also for making the .cry files available.
Thanks to Tnlgg and pvcf for fixing bugs and scripts, and whatever it took to get this mod to the community.
Thanks to Purifier for final weapon fixes and making SO:UA playable on v1.33.

----oooOooo----

VET
Sun Oct 19 2014, 04:11AM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

btw Purifier's fix of removing the extra Bin32 folder from the directory of mods made with patch v1.4 makes them playable for players with v1.33.  eg Singularity mod by Skr1pt.

Also ...  I noticed some of the links in the O.P now misdirect, since we were hacked back in the day.
As El would probably say, "Broken links are a pain in the ass!"
I've fixed a bunch of them, please PM me if you find any more.
Purifier
Sun Oct 19 2014, 01:05PM
Crazy Azz Far Cry Fan

Registered Member #1076

Nice mod review, VET. And thank you for mentioning my bug fixes. grin.png Everybody should be able to enjoy the full potential perks of that mod. wink.png Especially us 1.3 patch users.

Umm...I forgot to mention this though -  the sendspace download is limited to 30 days. So I uploaded it on Oct. 14, 2014, so 30 days after that it will probably be gone. But have no fear to anybody who reads this in the future and wants to download my bug fixes, just PM me and I'll put up a new Sendspace download for ya or just ask members in the chat box for it. Somebody else will probably have it as well.

Tnlgg
Sun Oct 19 2014, 01:27PM

Registered Member #1
Or Vet can download it & attach it to the post.
VET
Sun Oct 19 2014, 04:14PM
Vals_Evil_Twin

Registered Member #6

OK, here is Purifier's bugfix for the AK47U and UZI animations and pickups.

soua_bug_fix.rar
Purifier
Sun Oct 19 2014, 05:24PM
Crazy Azz Far Cry Fan

Registered Member #1076

Well hot damn! Thanks guys!
Didn't know ya'll could do that.

(wink.png Learn something new everyday.)
Skidmark134
Sat Nov 08 2014, 09:22PM

Registered Member #3295

I posted this in ESCAPE comments but it showed up here???
Triggers are completely linear, else stuff will not work correctly, find and read all notes and don't break the sequence then everything will work. Trigger order" ***************************************************** Village Far Cry Cave Quarry Silent Hill Delta Ruins Alpha Prison Village Far Cry Resident Evil Omega Prison Helipad ****************************************************** Good idea to attack the helipad before game ending! Don't go in, just eliminate resistance. At the second Prison visit when Valerie is released a 4wheeler (cut scene)is supposed to arrive by AI. They have been driving it around and ramming trees & stuff and it is always severely damaged. Sometimes it doesn't appear which means they destroyed it with their wonderful driving skills and you DIE after the cut scene. In case you wondered!

[ Edited Sat Nov 08 2014, 09:26PM ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF